Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A house on the river

Last night, for the second session in a row, I hit the felt before turning my fortunes around. The more times you're able to do that, the less scared you get of going all in. I won a monster pot of $130,100 on hand 68. I'd been dealt 3s 5d, and the flop came 2d 3d 3h. Incredibly, three players got into a raising war at this point. I was thinking to myself, "Last time I checked, there are only four 3s in a deck of cards". I called all the raises until the other three were each all in; at that point, only $1,100 of my chips were not in the middle. One of my opponents turned out to have flopped trip 3s like me, but had a better kicker. Another opponent hit a straight on the turn. The other opponent had no business being in the hand. I got incredibly lucky, and hit a full house on the river. The opponent who'd made a straight commented on how lucky I'd been. I ran the numbers afterwards and it turns out I was a 9.02% dog after the flop. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good!

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 69 hands and saw flop:
 - 9 out of 11 times while in big blind (81%)
 - 8 out of 11 times while in small blind (72%)
 - 35 out of 47 times in other positions (74%)
 - a total of 52 out of 69 (75%)
 Pots won at showdown - 6 of 15 (40%)
 Pots won without showdown - 5

delta: $51,100
balance: $4,710,052

No comments:

Post a Comment