Saturday, May 5, 2012

All you need is two

Looking at the bar chart of my stack size over the course of last night's session, two hands stand out. On one, I won $20,600, $11,000 of which was other people's money, and on the other, I won $34,200, $17,200 of which was other people's money. Interestingly, I didn't go all in once last night. This session showed me yet again how important patience is, and how few hands you need to win in order to come out with a profit. My new theory, for the length of session I typically play, can be stated succinctly as "All you need is two." What I mean by that is that you only need to win two hands where you have a substantial gain; you may win other hands, or you may not, but as long as you have two substantial gainers, and are being patient, you should come out ahead. The more you can take this philosophy to heart, the easier it is to be patient!

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 56 hands and saw flop:
 - 8 out of 11 times while in big blind (72%)
 - 8 out of 11 times while in small blind (72%)
 - 23 out of 34 times in other positions (67%)
 - a total of 39 out of 56 (69%)
 Pots won at showdown - 5 of 10 (50%)
 Pots won without showdown - 5

delta: $10,000
balance: $4,243,916

No comments:

Post a Comment