Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The green trampoline

There are many different ways of hitting the felt. You can hit it with a whimper. You can hit it with a bang. You can hit it after 200 hands. You can hit it on your first hand. You can hit it on tilt. You can hit it on a bad beat. You can hit it on a bad read. You can hit it in desperation. You can hit it in anger. You can hit it in sorrow. You can hit it in defiance. You can hit it in resignation. Depending on how you hit it, you'll usually have some kind of read on whether reupping will be a good play. Sometimes, you'll feel that the felt is really a great big green trampoline, and that when you put down another $40,000, you'll quickly double up, and more. That's how I felt last night. Why did I feel so optimistic? For the simple reason that it had taken a bad beat to take me down. On hand 4, I was dealt pocket kings, and the flop came 7c Td 5c. When an opponent who had me covered went all in, I didn't hesitate to call. I was an 82% favorite at that point. After a turn of Js, I was an 84% favorite. My opponent hit a straight on the river, though. I always wonder when this happens if the winning player realized how lucky he was.

After I reupped, I had minimal churn. On hand 30, I won my biggest pot of the night; my two pair of aces and sevens raked in $96,900. After 5 more hands, the table up and quit on me, and I called it a night.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 35 hands and saw flop:
 - 6 out of 6 times while in big blind (100%)
 - 2 out of 3 times while in small blind (66%)
 - 15 out of 26 times in other positions (57%)
 - a total of 23 out of 35 (65%)
 Pots won at showdown - 3 of 7 (42%)
 Pots won without showdown - 4

delta: $23,900
balance: $4,658,952

No comments:

Post a Comment