Sunday, May 27, 2012

My third most perfect failure

Perfect success in poker, though virtually unattainable, has a simple definition - namely, on every hand, you either win the pot or put no money in it. If you can achieve that, your churn number is a perfect 1, which means no churn at all. Perfect failure in poker has just as simple a definition, and is far more likely to be achieved. To fail perfectly in poker, all you need to do is fail to win a single pot before hitting the felt. In this case also, your churn number is a perfect 1.

Last night, I hit the felt twice. I managed to win seven pots, but they were all small. My churn number came out to 1.516, which is the third lowest churn of the 40 losing sessions for which I have the requisite data to calculate churn. In other words, this was my third most perfect failure!

I'm not feeling down about it. I didn't play especially well, but I didn't play especially badly either. Some nights are just like that. You have to expect them, accept them, and move on.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 88 hands and saw flop:
 - 7 out of 13 times while in big blind (53%)
 - 8 out of 13 times while in small blind (61%)
 - 30 out of 62 times in other positions (48%)
 - a total of 45 out of 88 (51%)
 Pots won at showdown - 4 of 11 (36%)
 Pots won without showdown - 3

delta: $-80,000
balance: $4,604,052

No comments:

Post a Comment