Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Patience as a habit

Last night, I made a nice profit largely due to the fact that I was being patient. This wasn't completely a conscious choice; patience has started to become a poker habit for me. How can you make patience become a poker habit for you? One trick I've discovered which helps a lot is to be multi-tasking as you're playing; I typically do a lot of web surfing. When you're concentrating on something else, and all of a sudden the PokerStars client thrusts itself forward at you, demanding your attention and a decision, it's much easier to identify weak hands right away. It's probably akin to wine tasters or food tasters who cleanse their palates in between tastings.

Looking at the bar chart of my stack size over the course of last night's session, two hands stand out:

hand 18: I won a pot worth $16,600 without a showdown; I flopped a two pair of kings and queens, and scared everyone away with my turn bet of $8,000.

hand 22: I won a pot worth $15,700 with a seven high straight.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 50 hands and saw flop:
 - 6 out of 8 times while in big blind (75%)
 - 8 out of 9 times while in small blind (88%)
 - 19 out of 33 times in other positions (57%)
 - a total of 33 out of 50 (66%)
 Pots won at showdown - 4 of 7 (57%)
 Pots won without showdown - 6

delta: $15,200
balance: $4,193,416


No comments:

Post a Comment