Thursday, May 24, 2012

Out with a bang

Friends and neighbors, I have bittersweet news. Last night, my latest winning streak came to an end. As you know, I can't talk about streaks while they're still alive, but the gag order comes off the moment they're over. This last one weighed in at a hefty 22 sessions, good for second place on my all-time list. This is not to say I never hit the felt in all that time; there were several sessions where I hit the felt, reupped, and got my stack back into the black.

Last night, I had a bad feeling about the session. I was pretty card dead, so when I flopped top pair on hand 52, I felt bound to hitch my wagon to it. My pair of jacks with a ten kicker ended up losing to a pair of jacks with a king kicker, and I was out $15,600. Seven hands later, with $7,550 left, I was dealt king queen suited, and called a big pre-flop bet to go all in. My high card king lost to pocket tens, and I was done. Out with a bang!

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 59 hands and saw flop:
 - 5 out of 7 times while in big blind (71%)
 - 6 out of 8 times while in small blind (75%)
 - 29 out of 44 times in other positions (65%)
 - a total of 40 out of 59 (67%)
 Pots won at showdown - 2 of 8 (25%)
 Pots won without showdown - 3

delta: $-40,000
balance: $4,607,352

No comments:

Post a Comment