Monday, May 7, 2012

Turn-worthy

On an episode of the classic sitcom "Seinfeld", Elaine (the Julia Louis-Dreyfus character) added a memorable adjective to the modern sexual lexicon: "Sponge-worthy". It referred to whether or not Elaine thought a potential sex partner merited her using a contraceptive sponge instead of some other form of contraception. Since she only had a limited supply of sponges - the maker had ceased manufacturing them - she had to make sure she didn't waste them on unworthy partners. Since imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, I've come up with a copycat poker adjective: turn-worthy. A hand is turn-worthy if it's worth paying to see the turn for. Last night, I won two nice pots with turn-worthy hands; on both of them, I'd flopped middle pair. On the first one, I hit trips on the turn; on the second, I hit a stealth two pair on the turn. They turned out to be the only hands I won, and the only ones I needed to win.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 19 hands and saw flop:
 - 1 out of 3 times while in big blind (33%)
 - 2 out of 3 times while in small blind (66%)
 - 4 out of 13 times in other positions (30%)
 - a total of 7 out of 19 (36%)
 Pots won at showdown - 2 of 2 (100%)
 Pots won without showdown - 0

delta: $30,600
balance: $4,284,616

No comments:

Post a Comment