Saturday, May 19, 2012

False churn

Statistics are wonderful things, but it's important to realize their limitations. Essentially what they are is shorthand, and sometimes the shorthand can be extremely deceiving, if not just plain wrong. By my recent definition of churn, last night's session should have been full of it; the number came out to 163, way way up there in the churn stratosphere. The problem was, I wasn't churning at all; I had a steady descent to the felt, then a double up (after I reupped) to get back into the black.A truly churnful session would have seen my stack going up and down like a yoyo all night.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 57 hands and saw flop:
 - 3 out of 7 times while in big blind (42%)
 - 5 out of 8 times while in small blind (62%)
 - 26 out of 42 times in other positions (61%)
 - a total of 34 out of 57 (59%)
 Pots won at showdown - 2 of 9 (22%)
 Pots won without showdown - 3

delta: $800
balance: $4,544,794

No comments:

Post a Comment