Saturday, June 2, 2012

Fingerfehlter

On Wednesday night, I suffered a "fingerfehlter" - that is, a fingerfehler which led to my hitting the felt. As I've mentioned before, I do a fair amount of web surfing while I'm playing online poker. On occasion, when it's my turn to act, I click the "Call" button by mistake when I'm merely trying to bring the PokerStars client to the foreground, in order to evaluate my current situation. In cases where I would normally have folded, I'm then put in the position of having to make additional poker decisions. In that strange circumstance, I sometimes make a really strange decision! In this case, I decided to go all in when the turn had given me an open-ended straight draw. One of my cardinal rules in poker is never to go all in on a draw.

The way I look at it, though, I'd received enough luck the previous session to merit several future fingerfehlters. Let's hope I can stop at one, and be ahead of the game!

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 51 hands and saw flop:
 - 4 out of 5 times while in big blind (80%)
 - 5 out of 7 times while in small blind (71%)
 - 19 out of 39 times in other positions (48%)
 - a total of 28 out of 51 (54%)
 Pots won at showdown - 3 of 10 (30%)
 Pots won without showdown - 1

delta: $-40,000
balance: $4,670,052

No comments:

Post a Comment