Thursday, June 14, 2012

Waiting on a lady

The more I play poker, the more convinced I become that it's a waiting game at heart. Contrary to the Rolling Stones song "Waiting on a Friend", you're actually waiting on a lady - Lady Luck. You must bide your time and hope you survive until she shows up. Of course, what I'm talking about here is the best strategy for when the table has 7 - 9 active players; that's the most common situation I find myself in. When there are less players at the table, bluffing comes into play more, and you should change your style so that you're not waiting nearly as much.

Last night, after an early lift, my stack descended slowly and steadily down to half its starting amount when my patience was finally rewarded. My king high straight won a pot worth $38,600, and I was done for the night.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 108 hands and saw flop:
 - 8 out of 15 times while in big blind (53%)
 - 8 out of 13 times while in small blind (61%)
 - 49 out of 80 times in other positions (61%)
 - a total of 65 out of 108 (60%)
 Pots won at showdown - 10 of 16 (62%)
 Pots won without showdown - 4

delta: $2,050
balance: $4,600,712

No comments:

Post a Comment