Saturday, June 23, 2012

Cold decked

On Thursday night, I hit the felt twice. It took 39 hands to hit it the first time; it only took one to hit it the second. I'm pretty sure that's a personal worst. On that 40th hand, you could say I was cold decked. I'd been dealt a pair of threes, and hit a set on the flop. The board paired on the river. My full house, threes full of deuces lost to another full house, fours full. My opponent had been dealt a pair of fours; he hit his set on the turn.

Here's the thing. This kind of thing is going to happen to you if you play long enough, and it's going to keep happening. You can't let it get to you. I can honestly say that I don't!

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 40 hands and saw flop:
 - 5 out of 6 times while in big blind (83%)
 - 3 out of 5 times while in small blind (60%)
 - 16 out of 29 times in other positions (55%)
 - a total of 24 out of 40 (60%)
 Pots won at showdown - 2 of 9 (22%)
 Pots won without showdown - 0

delta: $-80,000
balance: $4,505,934

No comments:

Post a Comment