Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The fatty that almost wasn't

When you're in the middle of a losing streak, it's a natural tendency to play a bit tighter than you normally would. It would be a mistake to change your style of play too radically, though, since that very style is what got you where you are in the first place. Last night, I almost folded a hand preflop that in my normal style of play I would very rarely fold. I was dealt king seven offsuit, called the big blind of $200, and then was faced with a decision when an opponent made an $800 raise. I thought for about seven or eight seconds, which is actually a long time in online poker, and finally made the call. I came close to folding, but something made me call instead; I'm not sure what it was. I was glad I did; I hit trip 7s on the flop. They turned into a fatty (a full house) on the river, and I raked in a decent sized pot of $23,800. I quit soon afterwards, to make sure I preserved the profit and ended my losing streak.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 17 hands and saw flop:
 - 1 out of 3 times while in big blind (33%)
 - 0 out of 2 times while in small blind (0%)
 - 8 out of 12 times in other positions (66%)
 - a total of 9 out of 17 (52%)
 Pots won at showdown - 2 of 2 (100%)
 Pots won without showdown - 2

delta: $20,000
balance: $4,585,602


No comments:

Post a Comment