Thursday, June 7, 2012

yaps: dph

It's time for yaps (yet another poker statistic). I'm calling this one dph; it stands for decisions per hand. If you have the full hand histories, it's easy to calculate; you just total up the number of decisions in the session, and divide by the number of hands in the session. Each time it's your turn to act, that's a decision point. Every time you're at a decision point, you must make one of five possible decisions: check, bet, call, raise, or fold. Note that there will never be a decision point where all five decisions are possible; for example, you don't have the option to check or bet if someone who acted before you has bet or raised. Likewise, you don't have the option to call or raise if the table has checked around to you.

Since I turned on the PokerStars feature to save every hand history automatically, I've played 184 sessions. In those 184 sessions, I've played 13,454 hands. In those 13,454 hands, I've made 37,826 decisions. My current lifetime dph is therefore 37826 / 13454, or 2.81. Last night, I played 113 hands, and made 304 decisions, so my dph for last night's session was 2.69. At some point I'll crunch the numbers to see if there's any meaningful statistical difference between my winning session dph and my losing session dph.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 113 hands and saw flop:
 - 15 out of 17 times while in big blind (88%)
 - 12 out of 19 times while in small blind (63%)
 - 49 out of 77 times in other positions (63%)
 - a total of 76 out of 113 (67%)
 Pots won at showdown - 11 of 21 (52%)
 Pots won without showdown - 12

delta: $30,200
balance: $4,615,802


No comments:

Post a Comment