Saturday, June 9, 2012

7 million play dollars lost

There's a great joke which has as its coda the following remark and rejoinder:

"I've never been so insulted in my life!"
"Well, you should get out more!"

The poker equivalent to this might be:

"I've never lost so much money in my life!"
"Well, you should play more!"

The truth behind this humor is that you'll never be able to win a massive amount of money without losing a massive amount of money along the way. Since I started keeping records, I've lost $6,984,707 play dollars playing poker - 7 million play dollars, for all practical purposes. The bright side to this tale of woe is that I've won $11,493,067 play dollars along the way. I'm not as good a poker player as I think I am, but damn, I'm pretty good!

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 72 hands and saw flop:
 - 5 out of 9 times while in big blind (55%)
 - 7 out of 10 times while in small blind (70%)
 - 29 out of 53 times in other positions (54%)
 - a total of 41 out of 72 (56%)
 Pots won at showdown - 5 of 8 (62%)
 Pots won without showdown - 6

delta: $21,300
balance: $4,597,102

No comments:

Post a Comment