Saturday, August 13, 2011

Three pivotal hands

Last night's session included three pivotal hands. If two of them had gone my way, the session would have been salvaged. As it happened though, none of them went my way, and I was out after the third strike.

Pivotal hand #1: I was dealt ace king suited, got into a short raising war preflop with one other player, and ended up calling his second reraise for an expenditure of $11,100 preflop. This left the opponent with only $900 in chips, he went all in on the flop, and I called. My ace high lost to his pair of kings (which were his hole cards). Loss on the hand: $12,000.

Pivotal hand #2: I was dealt pocket rockets, and got into a raising war with one other player at the turn, when the board was Kc Th Tc Ts. The other player ended up going all in, and I called. My full house of tens full of aces lost to his four of a kind, tens. Loss on the hand: $8,200.

Pivotal hand #3: this was my final hand of the night. I was dealt a pair of queens, got into a short raising war preflop with one other player, and ended up going all in calling his second reraise for a total expenditure of $8,642. My two pair of queens and eights lost to the ace high flush which he made on the river.

To try to get a jump-start out of my slump, I'm going to play no limit hold'em tonight.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 116 hands and saw flop:
- 18 out of 18 times while in big blind (100%)
- 17 out of 20 times while in small blind (85%)
- 64 out of 78 times in other positions (82%)
- a total of 99 out of 116 (85%)
Pots won at showdown - 12 of 24 (50%)
Pots won without showdown - 7

delta: $-40,000
balance: $1,741,812

No comments:

Post a Comment