Sunday, August 14, 2011

Outkicked

Last night, as promised, I switched to no limit. I allowed myself to see far fewer flops than in pot limit, in respect for the difference in betting format. My stack went up to about $53K early in the session, then steadily descended to about $10K. I had a nice double up at that point, but disaster struck shortly afterward. I was dealt a king jack offsuit, and hit trip kings on the flop. I held out until the river to bet them, then went all in. I lost to a player who'd been dealt king queen offsuit; my jack kicker was outkicked by his queen kicker. I don't feel bad about it, though; I'm sure I made the correct play. A jack is an excellent kicker. If you start worrying about jacks getting outkicked you'll never get anywhere. I really enjoyed the refreshing feeling of no limit after an extended period of playing pot limit, and will keep playing no limit until further notice :-)

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 69 hands and saw flop:
- 3 out of 8 times while in big blind (37%)
- 3 out of 8 times while in small blind (37%)
- 26 out of 53 times in other positions (49%)
- a total of 32 out of 69 (46%)
Pots won at showdown - 2 of 7 (28%)
Pots won without showdown - 2

delta: $-40,000
balance: $1,701,812


No comments:

Post a Comment