Saturday, August 6, 2011

Patience: a gossamer thread?

Last night, I played with commendable patience for over two and a half hours. My stack reached a peak of nearly $60K, but then slowly descended back towards its starting level of $40K. On hand 78, for some reason I lost patience, and went all in on a pair of kings. I'd been dealt a big slick, and the board never paired. I lost to a jack high flush. Felt city.

This occurrence makes me wonder whether patience is illusory. Maybe patience is a gossamer thread, waiting for just that extra little bit of annoyance to snap it in twain. I hope I'm wrong about that. I do know that you need to have guts to succeed in poker, but you also need not to be stupid. Last night, on the final hand, I evinced both guts and stupidity. Back to the drawing board!

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 78 hands and saw flop:
- 8 out of 10 times while in big blind (80%)
- 10 out of 12 times while in small blind (83%)
- 42 out of 56 times in other positions (75%)
- a total of 60 out of 78 (76%)
Pots won at showdown - 8 of 14 (57%)
Pots won without showdown - 6

delta: $-40,000
balance: $1,864,335

No comments:

Post a Comment