Monday, August 29, 2011

Deuce had me at hello

On Saturday night, I played my first session of deuce, and it had me at hello. I won the second hand I played. The game just felt very familiar for some reason. The only blemish was a rookie mistake I made on hand 11, which took me to the felt. I saw that my high card was an eight, saw that I had no pairs, and went all in, believing I had a very strong hand. What I failed to notice was that what I had was an eight high straight, which is death (of course) in a lowball poker variant. To add insult to injury, I only used my first draw, standing pat on the second and third. Hitting the felt didn't faze me a bit, though; I just mentally chuckled at my stupidity, reupped in place for another $2K, and kept playing. I did very well from then on, and made a nice profit on the night.

During current 2-7 Triple Draw session you were dealt 76 hands
Pots won if drawing - 15 of 29 (51%)
Pots won at showdown - 6 of 12 (50%)
Pots won without showdown - 9

delta: $865
balance: $2,014,497

No comments:

Post a Comment