Friday, August 26, 2011

Say it with rockets

Last night, I hit the $2 million play money milestone - and did it with rockets. Interestingly, I didn't win the main pot on the hand, but did win two very lucrative side pots. It was very fortunate for me that the opponent who won the main pot was short stacked at the start of the hand, and that two other opponents were willing to gamble in a big way.

The title of this post is a snowclone; the original phrase, of course, is "say it with flowers". There's a wonderful publishing house named "Hard Case Crime" which publishes new noir crime novels and republishes old ones which have been long out of print; at some point, I intend to read the Hard Case Crime title "Say It With Bullets", which was out of print for 50 years.

I hit the $1 million milestone on August 24th, 2010, almost exactly a year ago. My next goal is to hit the $3 million milestone within the next calendar year. As I mentioned before, I'm now going to try my hand at deuce to the seven triple draw. Poker players live and die by hunches, and I've got a hunch I'm going to be very good at deuce.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 19 hands and saw flop:
- 3 out of 3 times while in big blind (100%)
- 2 out of 3 times while in small blind (66%)
- 6 out of 13 times in other positions (46%)
- a total of 11 out of 19 (57%)
Pots won at showdown - 2 of 2 (100%)
Pots won without showdown - 1

delta: $45,000
balance: $2,014,132

No comments:

Post a Comment