Friday, August 12, 2011

Stubbornness

Stubbornness in poker is a double-edged sword. If you don't have enough, opponents will scare you off hands too easily. If you have too much, you'll end up losing massive amounts of chips. Last night, I had too much. The thing was, all the times I stubbornly stayed in the hands, I knew in my heart I was beaten. I'm not sure what the name for such behavior is. Masochism comes to mind :-)

I hit the felt at the first table I joined after 45 hands. I reupped for the max at the same table, and went up almost $10K in 25 hands before quitting in disgust at the extremely slow play of one of my opponents. I joined another table for the max, and hit the felt again after 27 more hands. Not a good showing by a long shot. I'm definitely in a slump right now, but know that I'll break out of it eventually.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 97 hands and saw flop:
- 22 out of 23 times while in big blind (95%)
- 23 out of 25 times while in small blind (92%)
- 37 out of 49 times in other positions (75%)
- a total of 82 out of 97 (84%)
Pots won at showdown - 13 of 30 (43%)
Pots won without showdown - 15

delta: $-70,375
balance: $1,781,812

No comments:

Post a Comment