Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Exit cue

More often than not, when I have a losing session, I lose my full starting stack amount. This is an area of my game I really need to work on; it's much better to quit before hitting the felt, since the loss will be smaller. Sometimes, the poker gods make this easier to do than others; this was true last night. The poker gods have a funny way of showing you their mercy; they do it by sending you a hand at the end of a long session which should surely win, but doesn't. I consider a bad beat late in a session to be an unequivocal exit cue. Of course, on a really bad beat, you might end up hitting the felt anyway; if you do have chips left over, however, my advice is to get out of Dodge fast. The poker gods are telling you it just aint your night.

On hand 127, I made a straight on the turn, but lost to a full house which was made on the river. I was one of three players to go to showdown. I was a 62% favorite after the turn. I called it a night on the next hand.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 128 hands and saw flop:
- 16 out of 20 times while in big blind (80%)
- 13 out of 20 times while in small blind (65%)
- 58 out of 88 times in other positions (65%)
- a total of 87 out of 128 (67%)
Pots won at showdown - 9 of 28 (32%)
Pots won without showdown - 9

delta: $-26,196
balance: $1,866,687



No comments:

Post a Comment