Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Stairs

The bar chart of my stack size over the course of last night's session resembles stairs climbing to the right. I won three big pots, evenly spaced; on the other hands, I either won or lost negligible amounts. I've never had a bar chart quite like that before. It bodes well for my deuce career; it indicates that deuce betting is back-loaded, which benefits players like me who are better "after the flop". Of course, there's no flop in deuce, but the concept still applies; "after the flop" players are those who play better the more information they have, whatever the delivery mechanism of that information is.

After winning the third big pot, I got a bonus from the poker gods - an unmistakable signal to end my night, in the form of an unplayable hand. I was dealt Kh Jc Qc Jh 6c, which is a very decent 5 card draw hand but a horrible deuce hand.

During current 2-7 Triple Draw session you were dealt 17 hands
Pots won if drawing - 5 of 8 (62%)
Pots won at showdown - 4 of 5 (80%)
Pots won without showdown - 1

delta: $5,650
balance: $2,020,147

No comments:

Post a Comment