Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Other people's money

As impressive as winning a huge pot is, what's more impressive is winning a pot which has a huge amount of other people's money in it. The minimum amount of other people's money in a won pot is half the pot. The maximum amount of other people's money in a won pot can theoretically be as high as 88.88% of the pot; that is, 8 / 9, in the scenario where all players at a nine player table go to showdown, and there are no uncovered bets. Clearly, that never happens.

I just wrote some tools to come up with a sorted list of the amounts of other people's money I've won per pot playing pot limit hold'em. Why did I do this? Because I had a hunch that my biggest pot from last night's session would turn out to contain the largest amount of other people's money I've ever won in a single pot limit hold'em pot. I was almost right :-) My two pair of aces and deuces won a monster pot worth $106,400, of which $71,600 (67%) was other people's money; this made it to #3 on my all time list.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 103 hands and saw flop:
- 5 out of 10 times while in big blind (50%)
- 9 out of 14 times while in small blind (64%)
- 59 out of 79 times in other positions (74%)
- a total of 73 out of 103 (70%)
Pots won at showdown - 8 of 16 (50%)
Pots won without showdown - 6

delta: $68,304
balance: $1,906,835

No comments:

Post a Comment