Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Pot bunches

Often, won pots come in bunches, preceded and followed by long dry spells. For this reason, it's a viable strategy to quit playing when you feel you've gotten the best of your current bunch. Of course, you should never quit immediately after winning a pot; you should wait until you either lose a pot or fold. That's why you'll often hear me talking about the penultimate hand of my previous session; the final hand, unless I hit the felt with it, is almost invariably a hand I folded before showdown.

Last night, I had a stretch where I won four hands out of six; I figured I'd gotten the best of this bunch and called it a night on the next hand, which I ended up folding on the river.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 17 hands and saw flop:
- 3 out of 3 times while in big blind (100%)
- 2 out of 3 times while in small blind (66%)
- 11 out of 11 times in other positions (100%)
- a total of 16 out of 17 (94%)
Pots won at showdown - 4 of 5 (80%)
Pots won without showdown - 1

delta: $10,700
balance: $1,917,535

No comments:

Post a Comment