Thursday, May 20, 2010

Temporary invulnerability

I bounced back from Tuesday's debacle with a nice gain last night. Witnessing some really bad luck hit other players reinforced my understanding that the poker gods spread the bad luck around as well as the good.

I've developed a somewhat kooky theory about bad and good luck in poker which isn't based on science, but which seems to be borne out by experience. In a nutshell, it's that when bad luck hits you hard enough, you'll have a small window of time after that in which you'll be invulnerable to it. In Pac Man terms, it's like the window of time after you eat a power pellet and all the ghosts turn blue and run away from you.

My last hand of the night, my ten high flush beat a nine high for a pot worth $69,400.

delta: $41,400
balance: $613,914

No comments:

Post a Comment