Saturday, May 8, 2010

Higher things

As I near my hundredth post on this blog, I realize that for me the hardest part of writing a post is coming up with the title. Of course, that's really just another way of saying that the hardest part of writing a post is deciding what to write about, since once you've decided what to write about, selecting the title is actually quite easy.

Except when it's not :-) I knew that in this post I wanted to write about how last night's session returned me to uncharted territory again, but was having a hard time coming up with a title. By uncharted territory, I mean that the session took my balance up to a new all time high.

Here's a synopsis of my thought process: high -- up high -- higher than ever before -- from lower to higher -- higher things -- stepping stones of dead selves to higher things -- line of poetry -- google it -- done

Here are the first lines of the poem "In Memoriam", by Alfred, Lord Tennyson:

I held it truth, with him who sings
To one clear harp in divers tones,
That men may rise on stepping-stones
Of their dead selves to higher things.

delta: $46,000
balance: $607,653

No comments:

Post a Comment