Friday, May 14, 2010

Golden ratio

Last night's winning session brought me back, after many months, to what I call the poker golden ratio. This is the ratio I've decided will ensure continued poker success. It' s simple to state -- the number of your winning sessions must be at least double the number of your losing sessions. It's less simple to achieve :-)

Since I started keeping stats on March 24, 2009, I've had 69 losing sessions and 138 winning sessions. That hits the golden ratio right on the nose!

Last night, I was pretty good about sticking to my new philosophy of keeping up my fold percentage. I did let one hand get away from me; I lost just north of 10k on it. I didn't feel too badly, though, as I'd just won a big pot and was willing to gamble a little.

delta: $34,000
balance: $605,203

No comments:

Post a Comment