Wednesday, May 5, 2010

80 80 vision

Good vision for eyes is 20 20; my newest rule of thumb is that good vision for poker players is 80 80. That is, I think you should aim to see the flop 80% of the time, and aim to win 80% of your showdowns. I hit both numbers on the nose in last night's session:

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 47 hands and saw flop:
- 9 out of 10 times while in big blind (90%)
- 7 out of 8 times while in small blind (87%)
- 22 out of 29 times in other positions (75%)
- a total of 38 out of 47 (80%)
Pots won at showdown - 8 of 10 (80%)
Pots won without showdown - 1

One of the showdowns I lost was a heartbreaker; I had a stealth two pair of queens and tens, which were the top cards on the board, but lost to a flush. Things balanced out, however, when I risked everything later on in the session on a hand where all I had was two overcards to the board and people were betting like crazy. I went all in, and lucked out when the river card was my top hole card -- a king. I won a pot worth $81,449 on a pair of kings. I had no real business staying in that hand, but what can I tell you, I had a hunch! My hunch apparatus was working well all session, as the second time I was dealt a pair of threes, I knew I'd be hitting a set of threes on the flop. On that hand, I won a pot worth $35,500.

delta: $42,049
balance: $604,568

No comments:

Post a Comment