Friday, May 21, 2010

Groundhog Day

I never saw the movie "Groundhog Day", but know the premise. I feel like I'm trapped in a poker-related version of the movie; I appear to be doomed to keep falling back below the $600k mark every time I manage to rise above it. The most natural milestones on the way to my goal of a million play dollars are the $100k boundaries. I just looked back over the history of my balance to see how hard each of them was to leave in the rear view mirror; here are the numbers of crossings:

$100k: 5 crossings
$200k: 3 crossings
$300k: 7 crossings
$400k: 5 crossings
$500k: 5 crossings
$600k: 8 crossings (at last count)

As you might have guessed, I hit the felt again last night. The killer blow was another hand I just couldn't lay down; I had a 9 high straight, and lost to a king high straight. That hand cost me $54,400.

delta: $-40,000
balance: $573,914

No comments:

Post a Comment