Thursday, May 6, 2010

Second best

I had an off-night last night. Hey, they happen. I don't fool myself that they won't. My nemesis last night was an old failing -- betting stealth two pairs too big. Some things never change. I only had two stealth two pairs, but was second best on both, and bet them both pretty big. Let me check the archives...

stealth two pair #1: my jacks and sixes lost to a queen high straight. I lost $3,600.
stealth two pair #2: my queens and fours lost to a five high straight. I lost $3,600 again.

That's actually pretty small potatoes, but those were the hands that stuck in my mind. Let me check the archives again to see if I did some really stupid moves which I forgot about...

Well, yeah, I did make same pretty lame decisions on my last hand :-) But I was short-stacked at that point, so it's somewhat forgivable. I had a gutshot straight draw after the flop, and called to stay in the hand. Then I had a double gutshot straight draw after the turn (which provides the same odds as an open-ended straight draw), and again called to stay in the hand, having to go all in to do it. The river was no help, and I ate felt. That hand cost me $9,700. Back to the drawing board!

delta: $-40,000
balance: $564,568

No comments:

Post a Comment