Monday, May 17, 2010

Playing against big stacks

On Friday night, I decided to join a table which had two players around the 100k mark. I wanted to get practice playing against big stacks. One of the big stacks was quite aggressive; I thought it was pretty clear that he was trying to bully people off their hands. I had an early gut check when I went all in to protect a good hand against the bully; we ended up splitting the pot. Thinking about it later, I realized I hadn't made the smartest play in the world, but it was gutsy. Funnily enough, after that hand, the would-be bully's aggression diminished.

That was the only hand I went all in on. My stats were decent:

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 67 hands and saw flop:
- 8 out of 12 times while in big blind (66%)
- 9 out of 13 times while in small blind (69%)
- 30 out of 42 times in other positions (71%)
- a total of 47 out of 67 (70%)
Pots won at showdown - 8 of 17 (47%)
Pots won without showdown - 2

I'm liking my new philosophy.

delta: $3,011
balance: $608,214

No comments:

Post a Comment