Saturday, May 29, 2010

Into the stratosphere

Last night I had the biggest single session gain of my poker career, and it was almost entirely due to one of my opponents being on a historic tilt. He made it clear he would bet big with any cards, and more often than not they turned out to be rags. Every time he hit the felt, he'd immediately reup with a fresh $40k, but with his wacky and irrational betting style intact, making it quite a simple matter to relieve him of his chips. Here are the pots I won from him:

- my two pair of tens and sevens beat his high card ten for a pot of $36,000
- my full house of fives over deuces beat his two pair of aces and fives for a pot of $86,600
- my three of a kind queens beat his two pair of queens and jacks for a pot of $79,000
- my pair of nines beat his pair of threes for a pot of $46,800

I wasn't the only one at the table who benefited from his largesse, but I was the main benefactor. I lost count of the number of times he reupped, but figure he must have dropped over $150k while I was at the table.

I now believe I'll hit the million mark well before the end of this year.

delta: $101,200
balance: $725,744

No comments:

Post a Comment