Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Too long at the fair

Last night, I stayed too long at the fair. In other words, I played too long. The longer you play, the more likely you are to lose; that's a simple fact of poker life. No player is immune to this. In a touch of irony, my stack took a massive hit on the penultimate hand when I failed to recognize on the turn that although I'd made a straight, I had the low end of it and an opponent could very well have the high end. An opponent did, and I lost a whopping $34,200 on the hand; that left me with just $575. I went all in on the following hand with a ten queen offsuit, and hit the felt.

I need to put myself back on a poker diet for a while. My goal is to play no more than 35 hands a night for the immediate future. We'll see how I do.

I was so disgusted with my asinine play at the end of the session that I forgot to save the hand stats; the only stat I know for sure is that I played 94 hands.

delta: $-40,000
balance: $2,379,692

No comments:

Post a Comment