Monday, November 14, 2011

One blemish

On Saturday night, I had a great session. It had only one blemish, which was easy to spot when I looked at the bar chart of my stack size over the course of the night. On hand 28, I lost $19,000. I'd been dealt an 8 9 offsuit, and my hand improved only to a two pair, eights and threes. Both the turn and the river were threes, and the highest board card was an eight. An opponent bet $13,600 on the river, and inexplicably, I called. I guess somehow I convinced myself he was bluffing. He wasn't, and turned over an eight and a three for a full house. Of course, he didn't need the eight to beat my hand; his trip 3s were sufficient. I didn't let the misplay get me down, though, and played well for the remainder of the session.

Looking over the hand histories, it turns out I only went all in once, when I won a pot worth $90,700 with two pair, jacks and tens. That's conclusive proof that you don't have to be super aggressive to do well at no limit.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 124 hands and saw flop:
- 9 out of 14 times while in big blind (64%)
- 13 out of 21 times while in small blind (61%)
- 52 out of 89 times in other positions (58%)
- a total of 74 out of 124 (59%)
Pots won at showdown - 10 of 16 (62%)
Pots won without showdown - 10

delta: $73,000
balance: $2,541,942

No comments:

Post a Comment