Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Bingo donk

Last night, on my last hand of the session, I went all in preflop with an ace queen offsuit. It turned into two pair, aces and queens, but lost to three of a kind, fours. To add insult to injury, the player who won the hand had called another player a "bingo donk" on the previous hand, and had then included the rest of us under this sobriquet as he went all in on this hand, essentially taunting us and daring us to take him down. I rose to the bait. The thing is, he was being a bingo donk himself. A bingo donk is a player who bets way more chips than his hand warrants, hoping to get lucky and rake in a huge pot. It's essentially a random event who wins a hand contested in this manner, so it's like playing bingo. Very little poker skill comes into play.

The ironic thing is that I had successfully avoided engaging with bingo donks all the way through the session up to that point. Something about the verbal challenge was too much for me. Interestingly, my ace and a face was actually a slight underdog to his pair of fours preflop, so statistically, I got what I deserved. Given that four of us went to showdown, I didn't have a very realistic chance of coming out on top.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 60 hands and saw flop:
- 4 out of 9 times while in big blind (44%)
- 6 out of 9 times while in small blind (66%)
- 22 out of 42 times in other positions (52%)
- a total of 32 out of 60 (53%)
Pots won at showdown - 2 of 7 (28%)
Pots won without showdown - 4

delta: $-40,000
balance: $2,506,842

No comments:

Post a Comment