Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Setting the hook

When you have a great hand, it isn't hard to win the pot; what's hard is extracting the most value from it. Quite often, you can only land the biggest fish by setting the hook properly. Last night, I had a great opportunity to practice this maneuver. I hit a straight on the turn, and was the first to act; an opponent acting after me had bet the flop pretty aggressively. I checked instead of betting, knowing that my opponent would put down a big continuation bet. When he did, I doubled the bet instead of being more aggressive; we then got into a brief betting war until I was all in. My straight beat his two pair to win a pot worth $77,100. I got out of Dodge, and had a stellar agoal of 40.6 on the night.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 15 hands and saw flop:
- 0 out of 1 times while in big blind (0%)
- 1 out of 2 times while in small blind (50%)
- 5 out of 12 times in other positions (41%)
- a total of 6 out of 15 (40%)
Pots won at showdown - 2 of 2 (100%)
Pots won without showdown - 0

delta: $37,100
balance: $2,739,430

No comments:

Post a Comment