Monday, November 7, 2011

Leviathan

On Saturday night, I won the biggest pot of my 3 year poker career. It weighed in at $193,950. That's a big pot. It's a whale of a pot. In fact, it's a leviathan. Needless to say, I'd gone all in, investing $73,700. That's probably a personal best as well. For the record, my hand was a full house, threes full of tens, but I didn't even need the tens. I'd flopped a set of threes, and knew on the turn that they'd hold up. How did I know? Sometimes you just do.

I surprised myself a little by not ending my night immediately; I like to think that was out of respect for the opponents who'd just lost a lot of chips to me. When my stack was about to slip below $150k, however, I pulled the plug.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 86 hands and saw flop:
- 11 out of 12 times while in big blind (91%)
- 8 out of 14 times while in small blind (57%)
- 40 out of 60 times in other positions (66%)
- a total of 59 out of 86 (68%)
Pots won at showdown - 8 of 10 (80%)
Pots won without showdown - 5

delta: $111,100
balance: $2,546,842

No comments:

Post a Comment