Saturday, November 19, 2011

Wait for the boost

I've been playing online poker for over three years now. You could say I'm a seasoned pro, even though I only play for play money. You must admit, however grudgingly, that I know a thing or two about this wonderful game. If I could sum up, in four words, the optimal poker playing strategy, it would be "wait for the boost". What do I mean by that? It's simple, really. Fortunes can change in the blink of an eye in poker; what good players have to do is bide their time, slogging through scores of mediocre hands, keeping enough chips on hand to be able to grab the brass ring if and when it comes along. Good players must be willing and able to fold, over and over again. A good player is almost a folding machine. You never know when your stack is going to rocket skywards, defying gravity; just wait sufficiently long, and it will happen!

Last night was a textbook example. After 47 hands, I was basically back to my starting stack amount. However, I won the next four hands in a row, more than doubled my starting stack amount, and gladly stepped off the elevator.

One more winning session and I hit the golden ratio again!

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 52 hands and saw flop:
- 5 out of 6 times while in big blind (83%)
- 7 out of 7 times while in small blind (100%)
- 29 out of 39 times in other positions (74%)
- a total of 41 out of 52 (78%)
Pots won at showdown - 6 of 11 (54%)
Pots won without showdown - 5

delta: $41,400
balance: $2,670,982

No comments:

Post a Comment