Friday, November 18, 2011

Bookends

Last night, I hit the felt on the 7th hand when my pair of aces lost to a king high flush. The thing is, I don't think I misplayed the hand; I was dealt a big slick, and called a big preflop raise. Before the flop, my hand was a 71% favorite; after the flop, it was a coin flip. Given another chance, I'd still play the hand the same way.

I reupped at the same table for the max. Six hands later, I won back all the chips I'd lost, most of them coming from the player I'd lost them to. Looking at the bar chart of my stack size over time, the starting balance of hand 7 and the ending balance of hand 13 are bookends.

On the peevish front, an old deficiency in the PokerStars software came back to bite me. Once again, I clicked the "Clear" button on the stats tab by mistake, and so lost my session stats. Of course, I could recalculate them from the hand histories, but right now that's too much work. I've said it before and I'll say it again - that "Clear" button is utterly misguided. I don't know why anyone would ever want to click it. At the very least, the software should throw up an "Are you sure?" dialog box before just blowing away all the session stats. Harrumph!

hands played: 61

delta: $14,700
balance: $2,629,582

No comments:

Post a Comment