Monday, November 28, 2011

yaps: bbwph

On Saturday night, my stack took some wild swings, due to the fact that I was playing a little too friskily. Luckily for me, I ended the night with a small gain, but I need to cut back on the friskiness. The see-saw nature of the night inspired me to come up with yet another poker statistic; I'm calling this one bbwph. It stands for big blinds wagered per hand, and uses the following formula:

bbwph = total_amount_wagered / num_hands / big_blind_amount

total_amount_wagered includes uncalled bet amounts, since those amounts are generally money that's being put at risk. This isn't always the case; on rare occasions it's possible to bet more money than any player remaining in the hand could call. Technically, in those cases, the uncalled bet amounts are never at risk; but let's not worry about that!

My bbwph from Saturday night was a whopping 27.12. In contrast, my bbwph from last Tuesday's session was a much saner 10.41.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 76 hands and saw flop:
- 8 out of 12 times while in big blind (66%)
- 8 out of 14 times while in small blind (57%)
- 37 out of 50 times in other positions (74%)
- a total of 53 out of 76 (69%)
Pots won at showdown - 7 of 19 (36%)
Pots won without showdown - 5

delta: $4,445
balance: $2,702,330

No comments:

Post a Comment