Monday, July 18, 2011

Waiting game

Last Friday night, I played a waiting game for over a hundred and twenty hands, never straying very far from my starting stack amount of $40K. I knew a really big pot was coming down the pike; I just didn't know who'd be winning it. When it came, I was convinced I'd be the one. The thing is, my confidence was misplaced, even though I did end up winning it. I'd been dealt a pair of tens, and caught a ten on the flop; however, an opponent had flopped a straight. I was a 36% underdog at that point, though I didn't know it; the only way I could win was if the board paired. As it turned out, the board did pair, and I won a huge pot worth $85,800 with tens full of aces.

It's humbling to realize you sucked out when you thought you were ahead. I'll take the gift, and the humble pie also.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 128 hands and saw flop:
- 28 out of 29 times while in big blind (96%)
- 28 out of 29 times while in small blind (96%)
- 53 out of 70 times in other positions (75%)
- a total of 109 out of 128 (85%)
Pots won at showdown - 17 of 39 (43%)
Pots won without showdown - 14

delta: $45,700
balance: $1,641,589

No comments:

Post a Comment