Wednesday, July 20, 2011

In the sweetness

Since I started keeping track of the number of hands played per session, I've played over 10,000 hands. Extrapolating that over the total number of sessions I've played so far, my career total comes out to around 25,000 hands. When you've played that many hands, you're very aware of the capriciousness of Lady Luck. You also know that in the long run, luck evens out. You'll go through awful patches, and also awesome ones. The awfulness and awesomeness can be on any scale. When I switched to no limit hold'em in early April, I went on a tear that lasted over a month; I knew how great it was, and wrote a post about it ("These are the good old days").

At the end of last night's session, I won three hands in a row. This was a mini awesome patch; a good description of such times is that you're "in the sweetness". When you're in the sweetness, stay right where you are until the ride is over; don't think of calling it a night a second before!

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 36 hands and saw flop:
- 5 out of 6 times while in big blind (83%)
- 6 out of 7 times while in small blind (85%)
- 16 out of 23 times in other positions (69%)
- a total of 27 out of 36 (75%)
Pots won at showdown - 5 of 9 (55%)
Pots won without showdown - 2

delta: $23,564
balance: $1,705,653

No comments:

Post a Comment