Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Milestone

Tonight marks my 365th post. I can remember boasting when I hit 50 posts that I was probably already in the top 50% of bloggers when measured solely by number of posts. What I didn't realize then was how therapeutic, and therefore addictive in a good way, blogging is. Knowing this now, I retract my braggadocio. I have no idea where I stand in the universe of bloggers, but it doesn't matter. Blogging was, is, and will always be its own justification, needing no outside recognition or stamp of approval. It's a conversation you carry on with yourself over time, with the benefit that others can listen in if and when they want.

Why choose the 365th post as a milestone? Of course, it's because 365 is the number of days in a year. If I'd managed to post every single day since I started, this post would have been written on November 24th, 2010. Loving statistics the way I do, I calculated that I've been posting at nearly a 60% clip - roughly 6 posts every 10 days. Of course, given the subject matter of my blog, that also means I've been playing poker at the same clip.

Last night, I had the canonical "poker diet" session. I'd take 10 of them in a row any time!

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 38 hands and saw flop:
- 2 out of 5 times while in big blind (40%)
- 2 out of 5 times while in small blind (40%)
- 20 out of 28 times in other positions (71%)
- a total of 24 out of 38 (63%)
Pots won at showdown - 5 of 8 (62%)
Pots won without showdown - 1

delta: $5,898
balance: $1,738,051

No comments:

Post a Comment