Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Reverse swoosh

Last night, I halted my losing streak at three sessions. I had to go a little bit off my "poker diet" to do it, however :-) After 35 hands, I was down $5,800; instead of calling it a night right then, I decided to play a little longer to see if I could end up in the black.

The bar chart of my stack size over the course of last night's session vaguely resembles a mirror image of the Nike logo - that is, a reverse swoosh. It starts out on a long, slow decline, then ends by rising sharply. I won four of my last seven hands - four of my last six if you don't count the "Sayonara" hand.

My goal for the immediate future is to play very cautiously, and try to build up a streak of winning sessions. I won't care how little I win, as long as I'm winning.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 53 hands and saw flop:
- 10 out of 12 times while in big blind (83%)
- 7 out of 11 times while in small blind (63%)
- 21 out of 30 times in other positions (70%)
- a total of 38 out of 53 (71%)
Pots won at showdown - 3 of 5 (60%)
Pots won without showdown - 6

delta: $2,320
balance: $1,572,789

No comments:

Post a Comment