Thursday, July 7, 2011

Top pair blindness

I played quite well last night, with the notable exception of two hands. In each one, I fell victim to top pair blindness. By this I mean I overvalued my top pairs to the extent of not bothering to check whether the betting patterns of my opponents indicated that my hands might well be beaten. On the first hand, a straight draw popped up on the turn, but I didn't notice it because my queens were still the top pair on the board. Unfortunately for me, another queen hit on the river, and I bet my trips heavily; they lost to a straight (which had been made on the turn). I lost $20,500 on that hand. On the second hand, I went all in on the turn with my top pair of jacks; I lost to pocket kings. I lost $10,500 on that hand, which took me to the felt. I reupped for the max at the same table, and played 78 more hands basically dead even before finally calling it a night.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 107 hands and saw flop:
- 6 out of 12 times while in big blind (50%)
- 13 out of 15 times while in small blind (86%)
- 48 out of 80 times in other positions (60%)
- a total of 67 out of 107 (62%)
Pots won at showdown - 6 of 17 (35%)
Pots won without showdown - 4

delta: $-40,400
balance: $1,650,469

No comments:

Post a Comment