Thursday, July 21, 2011

Grinding

Last night I had to wait a long time to get into the black - 71 hands. I called it a night on the very next hand. That's a textbook example of grinding - hanging in and hanging on, fighting to bring your stack back up to its starting level. You know you won't be able to win much, but you want to be able to win something. Grinding is definitely good for you; it keeps you humble, and keeps you from making foolish plays. Pot limit hold'em is much more amenable to a grinding style than no limit is; that's one of the reasons I switched back to pot limit when I went into no limit freefall. My aim is to grind my way back to the golden ratio, and see where that takes my balance.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 72 hands and saw flop:
- 9 out of 10 times while in big blind (90%)
- 9 out of 12 times while in small blind (75%)
- 37 out of 50 times in other positions (74%)
- a total of 55 out of 72 (76%)
Pots won at showdown - 6 of 10 (60%)
Pots won without showdown - 2

delta: $6,100
balance: $1,711,753

No comments:

Post a Comment