Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Poker diet

Last Friday night, I hit the felt again, after 130 hands. I realize I need to go on a poker diet. By this I don't mean that I want to play less sessions; I mean that I want to play less hands each session. Somehow lately, I've fallen into a sit 'n go mindset; that is, I've decided to take on the whole table, and play until either I hit the felt or am the sole remaining player. There are at least three strange things about this mentality:

1. I've never played a sit 'n go before
2. the cast of characters at the table constantly changes, unlike a real sit 'n go
3. one against seven is terrible odds

From past experience, I know that 35 is a good number of hands to shoot for. Fewer than that, and you don't give yourself enough of a chance to catch a monster hand; more than that, and you risk losing back anything you've gained. So my goal is to play no more than 35 hands a session for the foreseeable future, starting tonight.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 130 hands and saw flop:
- 16 out of 19 times while in big blind (84%)
- 16 out of 21 times while in small blind (76%)
- 57 out of 90 times in other positions (63%)
- a total of 89 out of 130 (68%)
Pots won at showdown - 10 of 20 (50%)
Pots won without showdown - 8

delta: $-40,000
balance: $1,570,469

No comments:

Post a Comment