Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The platinum ratio

Faithful readers of this blog know that I strive to achieve what I call the golden ratio - a success rate of at least twice as many winning sessions as losing sessions. I've achieved it before, but slipped a bit below it some time ago, and have been hovering anywhere from 12 to 19 winning sessions below it ever since. However, in my young no limit Hold'em career, I'm far surpassing the golden ratio (when only my no limit Hold'em sessions are taken into consideration). In fact, I'm doing so well at no limit Hold'em that I've decided to name a new and much more difficult to achieve ratio - the platinum ratio. The platinum ratio is a success rate of at least three times as many winning sessions as losing sessions.

Of course, you know I must have hit it, or I wouldn't be bragging so hard :-) Last night, I hit it on the nose; I've now won 15 of 20 no limit Hold'em sessions. A really nice by-product of so many winning sessions is that my stack has been shooting up like a rocket; in those 20 sessions, my stack has grown by over half a million play dollars! If I keep playing this well, I'll hit 2 million play dollars before the summer has started in earnest.

Can I keep playing this well? I sincerely believe I can. But hold the phone - am I really playing well at all? Couldn't it just be that I'm in the middle of an incredible run of good luck? I honestly don't know, but I sure hope that's not the case. If I am in a bubble, though, I hope it doesn't pop for a long time!

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 47 hands and saw flop:
- 7 out of 7 times while in big blind (100%)
- 6 out of 8 times while in small blind (75%)
- 18 out of 32 times in other positions (56%)
- a total of 31 out of 47 (65%)
Pots won at showdown - 8 of 9 (88%)
Pots won without showdown - 6

delta: $22,550
balance: $1,518,942

No comments:

Post a Comment