Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Double trouble

The title of this post refers to the predicament one is in after doubling up. One thing I know for a fact about myself is that I'm constitutionally averse to quitting after doubling up early in a session. I may have done it once or twice, but much more commonly I hang around long enough either to lose it all or to have a really monster session.

Last Friday night, I doubled up on hand 13, when I won a pot worth $79,200 with four kings. I got crippled just one hand later, when I lost $76,800 due to having an underflush (note: an underflush is the opposite of an uberflush, and another "neo neo" (neostreet neologism :-)). I hit the felt just two hands after that.

As I had the previous two sessions, I reupped for the max at the same table, and fared much better the second time around. In fact, I managed to realize a profit on the night.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 88 hands and saw flop:
- 9 out of 13 times while in big blind (69%)
- 5 out of 11 times while in small blind (45%)
- 32 out of 64 times in other positions (50%)
- a total of 46 out of 88 (52%)
Pots won at showdown - 8 of 14 (57%)
Pots won without showdown - 10

delta: $21,450
balance: $1,633,943

No comments:

Post a Comment