Thursday, May 5, 2011

Honest buttons

Last night, I couldn't get the early lift I've come to expect. My stack went slowly and steadily south. Part of the reason was that I ran into some honest buttons! By that I mean players with the dealer button (and thus the last to act) who had good hands, and bet them accordingly. Either my radar was off, or they chose their bet amounts exceedingly well, or some combination of the two. My radar told me three times the button was bluffing, and I was wrong all three times. In each case, if they'd bet bigger amounts, I probably would have folded instead of calling.

It took me 73 hands to hit the felt at the first table I joined. At the second table, I had to call it a night after 41 hands since it was getting late. There were two good takeaways from the losing session: 1. I was pleased with my discipline; I folded when I should have most of the time 2. it's good to lose often enough to keep yourself humble (something I definitely was not in my last post :-)

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 114 hands and saw flop:
- 11 out of 18 times while in big blind (61%)
- 8 out of 17 times while in small blind (47%)
- 46 out of 79 times in other positions (58%)
- a total of 65 out of 114 (57%)
Pots won at showdown - 3 of 14 (21%)
Pots won without showdown - 6

delta: $-57,600
balance: $1,461,342

No comments:

Post a Comment